Dehydrated skin or how to switch from winter to spring (skincare edition)


     Every year it's the same struggle to find the right skincare for your skin when spring comes around. I don't know where you are but where I live the weather is absolutely crazy: one day it can be sunny and 20°C, and the next day it can be rainy and below 5°C. My skin doesn't like it at all. I try to drink a lot of water because that's usually the first reason your skin is dehydrated but it can also be because of the switching temperatures/weather...




       The first thing I do, when I feel like my skin is too tight, is to slather my face in an hydrating mask two to three evenings a week. My favourite mask at the moment is by a french brand called "Le petit olivier". It's really affordable, paraben free and there is a light sent but it's not overpowering. It's also not tested on animals. Every morning, after a good cleanse with any kind of cleanser that don't usually irritate my skin, I pack on the moisture. First I apply one or two pumps of the S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum from the Vinosource range of Caudalie, it smells amazing! Following that, I put on some of the Anti-stress moisturising gel-cream from Lancôme Hydrazen range. My skin is dehydrated but it gets oily during the day, especially around my T-zone, and the gel-cream does not make my skin more oily than it would if it was a rich cream.




       Throughout the day, I like to freshen up my skin with a face mist such as Eau de raisin or the Amorepacific face mist. They have very light sent to them and it's such a nice treat to your skin when it feels tight or you can see your dry patches. After a long day of work or running erands all around town, I found that the best thing to take my make up off without irritating it more is to use a cleasing milk for my first cleanse. If I wore loads of make up I'll do a second cleanse but otherwise a pea size amount of the Clarins cleasing milk on a cotton pad and I'm all set.




        Any tips for dehydrated skin and the weather transition ?

                                                                                                                         XX,
                                                                                                                      Candice

Commentaires