Mask it up





            My favourite way to end a long day or to do during my Sunday pamper routine is to take care of my skin. I have a lot of different kind of mask, sheets and cream, purifying - hydrating and brightening. There's this trend going around where you "multi-mask" but I'm also a lazy woman so I can only do one mask at a time. I'm going to guide you trough my collection of masks just to tell you what I use them for and the reasons behind my purchases.





           The first ones I want to talk about are these two masks from kieh'ls which are fantastic. Those masks are the first products I ever purchased from Kiehl's. I don't live near a store, I think there's only one and it's in Paris, so I was a bit nervous to order products that I couldn't test out on my hand or see for myself but I finally caved in last summer and ordered some products from the website. The Tumeric & Cranberry seed energizing radiance mask is a brightening mask which is supposed to brighten your skin (as the name says) dull, fatigued skin and restores skin's healthy apparence over time. I love this mask because it does what it says it does. When you put it on it can be a little frightening because of the colour and the texture, it's yellow/orange from the tumeric with tiny beeds of Cranberry to help exfoliate the skin. Since it's a brightening mask, it's made to use in the morning before applying your makeup or your skincare.
      The Cilantro and Orange extract polluant defending mask is supposed to help defend and replenish your skin to reduce the visible effects of pollution. It's made from orange extract, a strong anti-oxydant blocking the damage that pollution can cause to the skin, and cilantro extract to help strenghten the skin barrier. Unlike the other one that you have to let dry for 10 minutes, like most masks, this Polluant Defending mask is like an overnight mask that you put on after your skincare routine of cleansing and moisturising. You'll keep it on for 5 minutes after applying a thick layer and then you have to tissue it off and pat the excess into your skin. I like to apply this kind of mask after a long day out in the city.




          My love for all things Lancôme is probably showing by now. I love all their skincare products, it's an addiction I know. Those two mask are overnight masks meaning that you can do your skincare like you do usually and then put on the mask and go to bed. You don't have to faff around and wait for it to dry before removing it. Those are my favourite kind of mask, I don't have to think about it after application. Hydra Zen anti-stress moisturising overnight serum-in-mask is supposed to help reduce the effects of stress on your skin by intense hydration. It's made to be the same intense hydration than a serum that you put overnight. It's a bouncy texture that skins pretty quickly into the skin. It's amazing!
        Just like the Energie de Vie overnight recovery sleeping mask which help hydrate and cool your skin to reduce dullness, dryness and uneven texture. It's the same formula than the boostin serum that I always talk about, it smells like fruits and it's a bouncy texture so it's really nice to apply.






          The next ones have all different properties and I use them for different concerns but the two main ones are purifying and hydrating. Origins Clear Improvement mask is made from active charcoal which is the perfect ingredient to help clear pores from all the impurities that you can build up over-time even if you clean your face everyday. Just like charcoal, clay is the best and cheapest ingredient that you can find on the market to help purify your skin. You don't need to put a lot of money in this kind of mask, you can easily find good ones for just 5 or 6 euros.
         Then you have the hydrating masks that are the most common concern regardless of your age and your gender. I already talked about Le Petit Olivier but I also really like the Glamglow thirstymud hydrating treatment that has the same texture than Le Petit Olivier mask and is the same kind of mask than the Cilantro mask from Kiehl's that you have to tissue off.
         Finally, I tested and like every Peter Thomas Roth' range of masks that are available in France. I use the Pumpkin Enzyme mask and the Rose Stem Cell mask one after the other to help my skin feel radiant and hydrated. The Cucumber gel mask is also really good to refresh, detoxify and hydrate your skin. I also love how they smell.






           Finally, the most effective masks if you don't have the time or the willingness to put on a face mask, wait for it to dry before washing it off, sheets masks are the best thing on the market! The trend kinda exploded during the past couple of years so there are a lot of different brands that released sheets masks for different concerns and different areas of the face (under-eye, lips, face). I didn't tested a lot of them because I don't mind the classic masks and I think some of them are really expansive for only one use. There are also different texture of sheet masks like hydro-gel, cellulose... My favourite one though is the Garnier Skinactive Hydra Bomb sheet mask. One mask is the equivalent of one week of serum treatment from the same range. I love to use it when I feel like my skin is dehydrated, just like if I had a hangover, and it needs a little boost. Like the rest of the range, the sheet mask are formulated with hyaluronic acid and pomegranate to soothe dehydrated skin and make the skin look more radiant.  

    Garnier added to more sheet masks in the Skinactive range but I hadn't had the chance to try them yet so if you had, tell me what you thought about it? What are you favourite masks and sheet masks?

                                                                                                            Thanks for reading,
                                                                                                                                    Candice


Commentaires