Cleansing routine

     Double cleanse: that's the first thing I learned watching Caroline Hirons' videos and reading her blog. I love that woman, she's amazing. And the best thing about her is that she's a PROFESSIONAL so she knows her stuff. When you wear make up, it's always a good idea to do a double cleanse just to be sure you're really getting rid of every trace of make up on your face.




       So after a day out and about, doing work or other stuff, I use a cleansing balm/butter as my first step in my cleansing routine. The Body Shop's camomile cleansing butter is my favourite balm to remove the first layers of make up because it's really gentle and it doesn't irritate my skin. It's also a good one because it is really affordable compared to other cleansing balm like Clarins' or the Emma Hardie one.

      No matter what mascara I use, usually they're not waterproof, and how much time I spend rubbing the balm on my eyes, I always end up with panda eyes. So to be sure I properly remove my eye makeup I'll often use a bit of micellar water on a cotton pad and let it rest for a few seconds on my eye before wiping it off. Micellar water are the most affordable product that you can find on the market. Bioderma has been so hyped up by beauty bloggers that every other brand decided to produce one so don't fret other the brand you need to buy, a good cleansing water like the Garnier one doesn't cost much more than 3 or 4 quid.




         At the moment, the final step in my cleansing routine is the Kiehl's Ultra Facial cleanser. I like this one because it's really gentle and it's made for all skin types so I can use it when my skin is dehydrated or when my skin is more on the combination side of things. When I feel my skin is tight and a bit flaky, I like to use my mini Foreo which is a silicone brush using pulsation to get rid of any impurities and other things that your skin can accumulate during the day. I find the fact that the brush is made of silicone is better for oily skin types since it's easier to clean so it's not a bacteria feast... After that, I pat my face dry with a clean towel, then I apply my oils and night cream.


                       What are your favorite products to use in your cleansing routine?

                                                                                                                  Thanks for reading.


                                                                                                                                       XX,
                                                                                                                                          Candice

Commentaires