Urban Decay Naked Heat palette review






         I think this is the most hyped-up product of the year and it's been a long time since I've been this excited to order a new eyeshadow palette. Urban Decay is also THE brand for eyeshadow palette that most newbies will want to buy just as much as the more experienced people. I remember buying my first UD palette almost 4 years ago, it was the Naked 3 and I couldn't stop using it! I really loved the first one too but the price had already gone up so I just picked up my favourite one. Then I thought they really streched the thing with the Naked Smoky, Naked Basics 2 and the Naked Ultimate Basics... Anyway, I was really excited about this one so when Sephora stocked up early in July, I was on it !!







         The Naked Heat palette case looks a little more bulkier with some kind of retro vibe but it looks like it could be easier to travel with and easier to clean up. The fact that the case is more on the orangy tone end of the spectrum also makes it stand out a bit more than the other UD eyeshadow palettes. As most of the palette that UD bring out, it comes with a double ended eyeshadow brush. Unlike the one that came with the Naked 3, I like the brush that came with this palette : one side is more round so you can blend the colours and the other side is more flat so you can apply the colour all other the lid. They're a bit more dense than your average brush but it still works.





         This palette has 12 shadows, 5 of which are shimmery shades and the rest of them are matte shades. This is the main reason that I really like this palette, I think you can be a little more creative with more matte shades. My favourite ones are Sauced, He Devil, Dirty Talk and En Fuego. Most of those are matte but I think that putting a bit of shimmer in the center of the lid can definetely add some dimension to the look. At first sight you can see that the colour scheme of this palette is on the orange-amber tone which I think can suit most eye colour. The blendability is amazing and the pigment incredible. You can experience a bit of fallout but nothing major that you can't wipe away.


         I've used this palette almost everyday I wore makeup and I think it would be an amazing palette for Autumn as well. I usually paired this look with the Instant LightNatural Lip Perfector in Juicy Mandarin or Candy Shimmer, or the KatVon D Everlasting liquid lipistick in the shade Lolita.



                                                                                                       Thanks for reading,
                                                                                                                       xx Candice




Commentaires